Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, primarily fever, dry cough and shortness of breath. with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. If you experience any of these symptoms please call the NM department of health at 1-855-662-7474 or for COVID-19 general information call 1-855-600-3453.
A notice to our valued patients regarding emergencies requiring emergent and urgent surgical treatment and consultation during this COVID-19 mandated reduction in services.
- Doctor Candelaria’s and Doctor Mitchell’s goal is to work with you to reduce the patient load at our over-taxed emergency departments and urgent care centers.
- If you feel require emergent or urgent care, please call us at 881-1130. We will be answering the phone and accepting patients Monday through Friday starting at 8 AM.
- If you require consultation regarding a pressing concern or routine consultation, please call us at 881-1130. We will be using telecommunication technology during this COVID-19 mandated reduction in services to remotely consult with you.
- We are very well equipped with the CDC required infection control measures and PPE protocol.
- We at OMSA look forward to providing the best possible care for you during these trying times and beyond. We wish you and yours good health.
For your health and safety and the health and safety of everyone at our practice we are rescheduling ALL appointments for elective procedures until further notice by the New Mexico Department of Health.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 505-881-1130, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps
- COVID-19 in New Mexico: https://www.nmhealth.org
- Dental infection control guidelines: www://www.ada.org